Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Stoked!
























One of our assignments in torture class last year (aka Design 4), was to design a 120 page magazine. The 120-pager, as it came to be known, was not the only reason I sweated blood when it came to portfolio time, but it owned a hefty chunk of it.

After being inspired by uber-cool NYC Surf Collective, I decided to create (design/ photograph and write) a surfing magazine for women. There are loads of trendy. die-for-those-flip-flops surfing magazines but I wanted to create a niche one for a South African female market, that, although based on surfing, offers a variety of other articles to a woman who makes surfing part of her life, but is a woman in her own right too.

The above are just a few spreads from the magazine. Enjoy x x x

2 comments:

  1. Thanks my darling! Must post a link to yours please :) Miss seeing your beautiful designs to my right all the time x x x

    ReplyDelete