Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Don't read this if you didn't wear socks today

Cape Town is cold, very cold. It's chilly enough to wear layer upon layer of unflattering Winter garments, but unlike our Northern counterpart, we will not be greeted by snow, but rather, wind and rain.

We've got all the shitty parts of Winter and none of the perks. Living here in Winter is like banging your head without it bleeding - there is nothing to show for any of the suffering!

The wind is so strong that it sounds like a banshee has been let loose in the streets. She's tearing at our buildings and running her fingers down our windows. Bed is the safest place to be but the Daily Grind is keeping us in the path of this icy monster.

Well that's how I feel anyway. Every morning I find myself putting on a few solid layers of clothing in the hope of not freezing to death in my office. A combination of knitwear and denim are my armour; an assortment of unflattering beanies my shield against messy hair. And yet, when I climb on the train, there are people wearing denims and a cardi, or pumps with no socks. NO SOCKS? HOW DO YOU SURVIVE?

So ja. I kind of hate those people who don't have to wear ten layers everyday to survive the cold. I hate them even more when their less-than-ten is like, one. It's not fair. 

The above 9gag cartoon kinda sums up these feelings pretty well.

Button up kids, Summer is a looooooooooooooong way away.


No comments:

Post a Comment