Monday, August 20, 2012

En pointe

6pm. Gardens. Ballet.
Those three words herald in a momentous change in my life. For the past five years I have neither attended nor watched a Ballet class, despite having danced for fifteen years of my life.
And today it all changes.
No more stuffing leotards and tights into the very back of my cupboard. Today is the dawn of a new era. Today, I will dance again.
Dramatic intro aside, I am pretty excited to get dancing again. Besides the instant physical transformation I have imagined will take place (emphasis on imagined), I can’t wait to express myself through such a beautiful art form.
Inspired by all things ballet-related, below Henry Leutwyler's exquisite photos of the New York City Ballet, which I pilfered from Kingdom of Style.










No comments:

Post a Comment