Sunday, July 24, 2011

Awkies (and Congrats)

Today in the Sunday Times' Travel section, there is an obvious display of lazy and irresponsible journalism. In an article on JBay, Kelly Slater is said to be one of the surfers at this year's Billabong Pro. Which is unfortunate for the journalist, who clearly didn't do a fact check, cause as far as the rest of the world knows, Slater was not at the surfing contest, choosing to enjoy a spot of casual surfing in an exotic location rather than attend the compo.

I would also rather skip the fact check routine and go to lunch in Greenside with my friends dear lazy journalist. But when I write stories for big-name newspapers, I normally do my job. Properly. Didn't you even think of Google?

P.S. Congrats to Durbs boy, Jordie Smith, on his win this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment